The Firm has experience handling large
corporate transactions, including several different types of companies and
other legal entities, notably publicly-held corporations and closely-held
companies, limited liability companies and private equity funds.
The renowned expertise of our team of corporate law professionals allows it to work with the utmost celerity, excellence and technique in defending our clients’ interests, including providing advice and following their corporate routines.
Some of the services we provide in the practice:
· Advising and representing shareholders in routine corporate activities, such as the incorporation of companies, joint ventures, consortia and groups of companies, corporate changes and reorganizations, providing guidance and advice in prior meetings, general shareholders’ and member meetings, meetings of boards of directors and audit committees, management meetings and meetings for the corporate books and documents;
· Advice on the preparation and negotiation of corporate instruments, such as articles of organization, articles of incorporation, charters and by-laws, shareholder agreements and partner agreements, committee charters, codes of ethics, powers of attorney and any other routine corporate documents used in companies, associations and foundations;
· providing advice to companies on the formulation of internal stock trading policies and information disclosure policies, including policies that are in line with best practices for corporate governance, as well as advice on the disclosure of material facts and notices to the market, and on the preparation and adoption of a code of ethics or conduct;
· Advice on proceedings in the transfer of control of publicly-held or closely-held companies;
· Advice on the sale, acquisition, consolidation or merger of companies, and corporate reorganization transactions, including with respect to the formation of the Independent Special Committee (CVM Guidance Opinion no. 35), structuring of purchase and sale of stock holdings and asset transfers;
· Advising bidders and brokerage institutions in public share offerings (OPA) in general, including the preparation of OPA notices, brokerage contracts, and reviewing the legal aspects related to appraisals;
· Creation and implementation of structured transactions for financing, project finance through the issue of debentures and other securities, as well as capital increases; and· Preparation of opinions and performance of due diligence proceedings.
"The quality of work is very high. They are very committed, widely recognized and demonstrate high technical capacity."