The Firm has solid experience in transactions related to capital markets, handling a broad range of transactions, including some of the most complex and innovative in the Brazilian capital market.
Some of the services we provide in the practice:
· Consulting on capital markets and securities regulation;
· Structuring of transactions for the purchase and sale of securities, notably the determination of the applicable legal basis, negotiation and implementation of the transaction through preparation of contracts and necessary documents;
· Advice on the application for and cancellation of registration with the CVM as a publicly-held company, as well as guidance on the periodic obligations for the disclosure of material facts and notices to the market;
· Advice on the regulations applicable to publicly-held companies, investment funds, asset management companies, brokerage firms and other market players;
· Advice on the establishment and registration of investment funds with the CVM;
· Advice on the registration of public share offerings, bonds, investment fund shares and other securities with the CVM and with BM&FBOVESPA, including the preparation and review of prospectuses, notices and other documents relating to the registration procedure, ensuring compliance with all applicable rules, including the rules of the Associação Brasileira das Entidades dos Mercados Financeiros e de Capitais (Brazilian Financial and Capital Markets Association - ANBIMA);
· Advice on overseas fundraising (American Depositary Receipts – ADRs, Bonds, Offshore Funds, etc.);
· Conducting legal due diligence; and
· Expert advice in the scope of preliminary investigations, inquiries and/or punitive administrative proceedings instituted with the Brazilian Securities and Exchange Commission (CVM), the National Financial System’s Appeals Board (CRSFN), the Central Bank of Brazil (BACEN) and BM&FBOVESPA on matters relating to capital markets, especially in the preparation of administrative defenses, proposals and negotiation of agreements, legal opinions and/or consulting with regulatory bodies.